July 8, 2009

June - SASSSC Meeting

Ladies...I apologize for my lateness in this entry. June and July have been a whirlwind for me and I didn't realize till about a week ago that #1...IT'S JULY NOW, and #2...I never posted June's meeting pictures.

So, better late than never. But I'll try to be more timely. Thanks for your patience AND for all your wonderful swaps. I don't remember all of whose was whose (another side affect of so much time going by). So, if I don't give you credit...and you would like credit, please let me know that I didn't put your name by your picture and I'll be happy to edit the blog.

See you all soon for our PARTY! I can't wait! What a great excuse to get out of town with the girls! YAY!


We had a very busy meeting this month. If you remember last month, there were alot of people missing. SO, we have extra swaps that were brought this month to make up for last month and an extra tip of the month. Lots of exciting stuff.

1st...here's the goodies...can't go without showing our spread! I don't know where these bagels were from or who brought them, but they were delicious!!!

Photobucket

Annie (me) won the door prize for this month. All kinds of cool gold stuff.

Photobucket


Let's see...I don't remember the order of things...but Lynn had a great tip for us. She always keeps a nail file where she is cutting paper at. That way, if you get a bit of a jagged edge, you can smooth it out.

Photobucket



Great Tip Lynn

Photobucket





One of our members in particular was especially baffled by it's simplicity yet it's profound uses! :)

Photobucket



We can't forget to throw a picture or two of Vegas. Silly girl, always has to be in the center of things. This time, she was actually trying to join the club by wearing a real hair toupee...courtesy of Delia. So funny!

Photobucket


Photobucket

I did a tip this month as well. I showed the group how to make faux crocodile paper. If you don't remember...


Put Versamark all over you paper surface and cover the entire surface with clear embossing powder.

Photobucket


Then take some sort of blunt tool and remove wavy stripes of powder from the surface. This will make it look like wavy white-ish graph paper.


Then heat it up so that the powder can melt.

Photobucket

And you have paper that looks like this...picture borrowed from Gretchen Barron's website. Here is a link to the page where you can find this picture. http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/technique----embossing/

Go can also go to YouTube for a demonstration.

Adriana brought our Make 'n Take this month. She brought her sister to help. :) No really, her sister was visiting and she came to club and helped out alot cause she was here. Thanks for bringing her Adriana, we all enjoyed getting to know her.

Photobucket


We all really liked it. She brought an example thank you card, make with all kinds of supplies...then she gave us some of the same supplies and let our creativity run wild.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Here are some of the fabulous results. I apologize, I don't remember which ones belong to who. And the ones I do remember...I won't point out...a confidentiality thing (for Laura)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, our swaps for the month. Our theme was sympathy. You will see some man cards in here too from last month. Again, we had a lot of people missing last month, so we are catching up. :) Thanks to all those who brought theirs in from last month. We are glad to be caught up on all swaps.

I'm not going to put names next to all the cards this month, cause I've forgotten who made which. BUT, they were all GREAT for sure!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



You ladies keep me honest if I'm missing any pictures! :)

See ya'll next weekend for the best Christmas in July party EVER! Have a great day!

No comments: