July 9, 2009

SASSSC Spotlight - All About Adriana

Name: Adriana C. (all answers written by Adriana)

Favorite Dessert: Can't go very wrong with dessert, as far as I'm concerned, but I love chocolate and I love anything with strawberries!

You live where: I live in Magnolia, TX. We've been here for 9 1/2 years, when we moved from the Heights.

Where were you born: Houston, TX

How many brothers and sisters? 1 sister, Connie. Just took a 2-wk roadtrip with her. Had a blast. We haven't lived in the same city for the past 30 years, so it was fun getting to spend time together.

How many children? Tell us a little about them:
I have two daughters: Ally, age 9, is very crafty (will be a future SASSSC member I'm sure someday). Not at all into sports. Very sensitive...not always in a good way.

Hannah is 5 years old and is about to start kindergarten. She is my major drama queen, and loves to try to boss her older sister around. She loves to sing, but I really need to start voice lessons.

Who introduced you to stamping and how did they introduce it to you?
I can't believe that I cannot totally remember for sure. But I think that my friend Carolyn had a Stampin' Up party probably about 7 years ago. I hooked up with Jeannette Burson as my demonstrator, and when she retired, I was lucky enough to find Laura.

How long have you been stamping? About seven years

Why do you like stamping?
I love the socialization part of it...now even more that I'm a SASSSC girl! And I just love getting creative and crafty.

What is your favorite color or color combination to use?
I love just about anything with brown or black combination. I like vintagy looks better than modern/ecclectic looks.

What's your Favorite occasion to stamp for?
Just Because, because there is more possibilities for diversity.
Where do you get ideas? Mainly magazines....Card Creations, Scrapbooking Trends, Paper Crafts, etc.

Do you have a favorite technique, style and/or tool?
Lately I would have to say that I love making the flowers out of ribbon by using sewing.

How did you hear about SASSSC? Through Laura Leuenberger.

What do you like to do when you aren't stamping?
I'm actually a little bit of a scrapbooking fanatic. It is absolute therapy for me. I also, probably like everyone else, love to travel with my family.

Tell us an interesting fact about you, that we may not know...
I'm not sure I am interesting per say....but I'll give it a try.

1) My family is from Spain and Colombia. I spent many summers as a child in Colombia, but actually went to school for a year there when I was 10. Culturally it was very different from Catholic school here in the states.

2) I am highly clutzy and accident prone. Let's just say that I've broken 3 toes, along with my sternum.

3) My husband and I had a long distance relationship for 6 years prior to hooking up in the same city.

4) ...can't think of anything else.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, Adriana, I didn't know you had ties with the Colombians!!lol.
My husband and I had a 6 year relationship too, only part was long distance though (the college years). I'm so glad you are a SASSSC girl!