August 12, 2009

SASSSC Spotlight - Getting to Know Thelma

Name: Thelma C.

Favorite Dessert: Warm Apple pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

Lives Where: Southeast Houston, Riverstone Ranch

Where were you born: I was born in Edinburg Tx and raised in Chicago Ill.

How many brothers and sisters? 2 brothers and 3 sisters

How many children? Tell us a little about them. 2 chihuahuas….Rocky-tan (he has been with us 4 years, very obedient, loyal, happy, and very passive) Kuki-white (she has been with us 2 years and she is nuts, won’t listen to us, loves to lay out in the sun, lives at the vet’s office and is silly)

Who introduced you to stamping and how did they introduce it to you? I worked at PWC when I met Delia….need I say more, :). What is funny is that we also went to the same private elementary school in Chicago 1 year apart and we even lived in the same neighborhood.

How long have you been stamping? 1 year

Why do you like stamping? I like when I get into my creative zone and it just de-stresses me.

What is your favorite color or color combination to use? Pink and brown or black. I think it looks elegant with a touch of youthfulness (Lord knows I need all the help I can get) J

What's your Favorite occasion to stamp for? Thank you!

Where do you get ideas? SASSSC and ONLINE!

Do you have a favorite technique, style and/or tool? I love everything……Since I have only been doing this for 1 year I have not found anything that I don’t really like…

How did you hear about SASSSC? Delia

What do you like to do when you aren't stamping? Watching reality shows and novelas! I love love “So you think you can dance” “Americas got talent” “American Idol” and all the new series like “Lie to me” “Drop Dead Diva” and “Army Wives”. Ever since I started working at PWC (as I worked CRAZY LONG Hours) I would come home and just vegetate in front of the TV. Now I am just hooked to my TIVO!

Tell us an interesting fact about you, that we may not know...In my late thirties I started a list of things I wanted to do before I was 40. One of the things that I accomplished was running 2 marathons and an MS 150. I have renamed that list “Things I would like to accomplish before I am FIFTY”, I went to EUROPE this year and going to Puerto Rico in 2 weeks! I would also like to go see Barbara Streisand ( NYC) and Bette Midler (in Vegas) my two favorite actress! Too bad Elvis is dead…..(LOVE ME SOME ELVIS).

No comments: